If you’re a fan of brownies, you’ll love this 5 ingredient edible brownie batter. It’s gluten free, dairy free, paleo and refined sugar free! You can serve this brownie batter in little dessert dishes or roll it into balls and enjoy it as edible brownie batter bites.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe will make 8 edible brownie bites!
What ingredients do I need to make this edible brownie batter?
If you want to make this edible brownie batter, here’s what you will need:
- cocoa powder
- almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- pure maple syrup or raw honey
- pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (I used dairy free, see below)
How do I make this recipe nut free?
If you don’t want to use almond butter in this recipe, feel free to use any other nut or seed butter. Cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, hazelnut butter, and walnut butter would all work. Make sure to use a seed butter (sunflower seed butter or tahini) if you need to keep it nut free.
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Both Enjoy Life Foods and Hu Kitchen offer delicious dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy Life Foods has semi-sweet, white, and dark dairy free chocolate chips. Hu Kitchen offers semi-sweet chocolate chips sweetened only with dates! If you want to try Hu Kitchen chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
Can I bake this edible brownie batter?
You can absolutely bake this edible brownie batter! If you want to turn this edible brownie batter into brownie batter cookies, simply add 3-4 TBS water and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the brownie batter and mix well. Scoop batter with a cookie dough scoop and place on a baking tray (greased or lined with parchment paper). Bake cookies at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. I like to flatten the cookies with a fork before baking. This recipe will make about 8 cookies!
More brownies, anyone?
If you like brownies as much as I do, you’ll probably want to try some of these other recipes too!
- 6 Ingredient Flourless Brownie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- 6 Ingredient Brownie Batter Truffles
- Double Chocolate Brownie Batter Cookies
Ready to make this edible brownie batter? Here’s the recipe!
5 Ingredient Edible Brownie Batter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix together all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a medium sized bowl. If the batter is too wet, add more cocoa powder. If it’s too dry, add more nut butter, sweetener, or some water.
- Stir in as many chocolate chips as you want.
- Scoop the batter into dessert dishes and serve! I like to serve with some fresh berries. Or simply roll the batter into balls and serve as edible brownie bites!
- Store edible brownie batter in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Delicious! I mixed in a bit of pecan butter as I was low on almond butter, and subbed sorghum syrup for the maple syrup – divine!
Hi Jenn! Thanks for sharing your substitutions, that sounds delicious! I might need to try it with pecan butter as well!