(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Can’t decide between a brownie and a cookie? These 6 ingredient flourless brownie cookies are the perfect compromise. They’re soft and fudgy and bursting with chocolate flavor. Plus, they’re vegan, gluten free, paleo, refined sugar free, and can even be made keto and sugar free friendly! The full recipe for these delicious cookies is below.
How do I make these flourless brownie cookies sugar free and keto friendly?
I used pure maple syrup and dark chocolate chips in these flourless brownie cookies, but you can use sugar free maple syrup and sugar free dark chocolate chips if you want to keep the recipe sugar free and keto friendly.
What ingredients will I need for these flourless brownie cookies?
If you want to make these 6 ingredient flourless brownie cookies, here’s what you’ll need:
- almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- pure vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- dairy free chocolate chips
What nut and seed butters can I use?
If you don’t want to use almond butter in this recipe, feel free to use cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, hazelnut butter, or walnut butter instead! Or any other nut/seed butter of choice.
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Both Enjoy Life Foods and Hu Kitchen offer delicious dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy Life Foods has semi-sweet, white, and dark dairy free chocolate chips. Hu Kitchen offers semi-sweet chocolate chips sweetened only with dates! If you want to try Hu Kitchen chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
Why is there more than 6 ingredients in these flourless brownie cookies?
Okay, technically you add 8 items to this recipe. Most professional chefs/bakers don’t count items like salt or water as ingredients, so I don’t either. If you want to get technical, there are 8 items required for this recipe!
How do I store these 6 ingredient flourless brownie cookies?
I like to store these cookies in a sealed container on the counter for 4-5 days. Or you can freeze them for long term storage!
Can I eat the cookie dough raw?
This recipe is vegan and made without regular flour, so it is perfectly fine to eat the cookie dough unbaked. Instead of baking the dough, I will sometimes serve it as edible brownie batter! Instructions for my edible brownie batter recipe can be found here. Or you can make brownie batter truffles with the dough – these are a favorite of mine! The recipe for my brownie batter truffles can be found here.
Ready to make these flourless brownie cookies? The full recipe is below!
6 Ingredient Flourless Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a medium sized bowl and mix until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add more almond butter, sweetener, or more water. If the dough is too wet, add more cocoa powder.
- Once you have a nice cookie dough consistency, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie dough scoop and place cookie dough on a lined baking tray (recipe makes 8 cookies).
- Flatten cookie dough with a fork and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool slightly before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.