If you’re looking for a super simple edible cookie dough recipe that can be made in less than 5 minutes, then these chocolate chip cookie dough bites are the perfect thing for you! They’re gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and grain free, and so good. You can even bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites and turn them into delicious chocolate chip cookies! See below for instructions on how to do that.
How many cookie dough bites does this recipe make?
This recipe will make about 8 cookie dough bites!
What ingredients will I need for these chocolate chip cookie dough bites?
If you want to make these cookie dough bites, here’s what you’ll need:
- coconut flour
- almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (I used dairy free, see below)
What other nut and seed butters can I use?
If you don’t want to use almond butter in this recipe, feel free to use any other nut or seed butter instead. My top choice would be cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or hazelnut butter! I used homemade almond butter, you can find my almond butter recipe here!
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Both Enjoy Life Foods and Hu Kitchen offer delicious dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy Life Foods has semi-sweet, white, and dark dairy free chocolate chips. Hu Kitchen offers semi-sweet chocolate chips sweetened only with dates! If you want to try Hu Kitchen chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
Can I bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites?
You can absolutely bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites. If you want to turn these cookie dough bites into chocolate chip cookies, simply add 3-4 TBS water and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the cookie dough batter and mix well. Scoop the batter with a cookie dough scoop and place the cookie dough balls on a baking tray (greased or lined with parchment paper). Bake cookies at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. I like to flatten the cookies with a fork before baking!
More recipes like this please!
If you’re looking for more edible cookie dough (or or brownie batter) recipes, look no further!
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Edible Brownie Batter
- 5 Ingredient Edible Brownie Batter
Ready to make these chocolate chip cookie dough bites? Here’s the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt (use 1/4 tsp if using unsalted nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) to a medium sized bowl and mix until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add more almond butter, sweetener, or some water. If the dough is too wet, add more coconut flour.
- Once you have a nice cookie dough consistency, stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop the dough with a cookie dough scoop (or a spoon) and roll it into cookie dough balls using the palms of your hands. This recipe makes about 8 cookie dough balls.
- Enjoy cookie dough bites immediately or place in the refrigerator until serving.