(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Ready for a super simple edible cookie dough recipe you can make in less than 5 minutes? These chocolate chip cookie dough bites are the perfect recipe for you! They’re vegan, gluten free, paleo, grain free, and even sugar free and keto friendly. You can even bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites if you want to (see below for instructions on how to do that).
How do I make these cookie dough bites sugar free and keto friendly?
I used pure maple syrup in these chocolate chip cookie dough bites, but you can use sugar free maple syrup if you want to keep the recipe sugar free and keto friendly. You can also use sugar free chocolate chips.
What ingredients will I need for these chocolate chip cookie dough bites?
If you want to make these cookie dough bites, here’s what you’ll need:
- coconut flour
- almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (I used dairy free, see below)
What nut and seed butters can I use?
If you don’t want to use almond butter in this recipe, feel free to use cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or walnut butter instead!
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Both Enjoy Life Foods and Hu Kitchen offer delicious dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy Life Foods has semi-sweet, white, and dark dairy free chocolate chips. Hu Kitchen offers semi-sweet chocolate chips sweetened only with dates! If you want to try Hu Kitchen chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
Can I bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites?
You can absolutely bake these chocolate chip cookie dough bites. If you want to turn these cookie dough bites into chocolate chip cookies, simply add 3-4 TBS water and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the cookie dough batter and mix well. Scoop the batter with a cookie dough scoop and place on a baking tray (greased or lined with parchment paper). Bake cookies at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. I like to flatten the cookies with a fork before baking.
Ready to make these chocolate chip cookie dough bites? Here’s the recipe!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 TBS pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt (use 1/4 tsp of using unsalted almond butter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Add all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a medium sized bowl and mix until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add more almond butter, sweetener, or some water. If the dough is too wet, add more coconut flour.
- Once you have a nice dough consistency, stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie dough scoop (or a spoon) and roll it into balls using the palms of your hands (this recipe makes about 8 cookie dough balls).
- Enjoy cookie dough bites immediately or place in the refrigerator until serving.