(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Vegan, gluten free, and sugar free friendly chocolate chip oat flour muffins! These light and fluffy chocolate chip muffins are the perfect healthier and allergy friendly treat. They’re perfect for a weekend brunch, or for weekday meal prep!
How do I make these chocolate chip muffins sugar free?
This recipe calls for pure maple syrup as the sweetener, but you can substitute it with a sugar free maple syrup instead to keep the recipe sugar free. You’ll also want to use sugar free chocolate chips!
What ingredients will I need to make these muffins?
You’ll need just a couple simple ingredients to make these muffins. They are:
- oat flour
- flax or regular eggs
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- pure vanilla extract
- water or dairy free milk
- dairy free yogurt
- olive oil
- unsweetened applesauce
- chocolate chips of choice
What kind of dairy free yogurt did you use?
I used Forager Project unsweetened cashew milk yogurt. I love this yogurt because there are only a couple simple ingredients used!
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Help, I don’t have applesauce and/or yogurt on hand!
If you don’t have applesauce or yogurt on hand, you can try using one of these substitutes: mashed banana, pumpkin puree, or nut butter. Or you can simply use more applesauce or yogurt. I haven’t made this recipe with any of those substitutes, but those are all common substitutes for applesauce or yogurt.
How do I make homemade oat flour?
It’s very easy to make homemade oat flour. Simply blend rolled or quick oats in a high speed blender until they turn into flour and then use the oat flour in this recipe!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 large muffins or 36 mini muffins. If you want to make mini muffins, bake them for only 15-20 minutes.
How do you store these muffins?
I like to store these muffins on the counter for 3-4 days or in the fridge for 5-6 days. You can also freeze them for long term storage and get them one whenever you need one!
Ready to make these muffins? The full recipe is below!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or 3/4 cup regular chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free milk (or water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Or line the muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and spray the wrappers gently with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl (except chocolate chips). Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes then divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool slightly before enjoying.