(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
These cream cheese frosted cinnamon rolls are the perfect winter breakfast or dessert. They’re sweet, creamy, and filled with warm cinnamon spice. They’re also gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, and can even be made sugar free friendly! If you’re looking for a sweet and cozy holiday breakfast or dessert recipe, give these cream cheese frosted cinnamon rolls a try!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 8 cinnamon rolls!
What ingredients do I need to make these cream cheese frosted cinnamon rolls?
You’ll need just several simple ingredients to make these cinnamon rolls. They are:
- gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Baking Flour)
- coconut sugar (or other sweetener, see below)
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dairy free unsweetened milk
- dairy free butter (or coconut oil, see below)
- dairy free plain cream cheese
- pure maple syrup (or other sweetener, see below)
What other sweeteners can I use in this recipe?
If you don’t want to use coconut sugar in the cinnamon rolls, you can replace the coconut sugar with brown sugar or monk fruit. If you don’t want to use maple syrup in the frosting, you can replace it with coconut sugar, monk fruit, brown sugar or honey!
Where can I find dairy free cream cheese?
You. can find dairy free cream cheese at most grocery stores. I used Kite Hill plain almond milk cream cheese for these cinnamon rolls!
Do I have to use dairy free butter?
If you don’t have dairy free butter or don’t prefer to use it, you can try replacing the dairy free butter with melted coconut oil. I haven’t tried coconut oil in this recipe yet, but it should work well.
Do I have to add vinegar?
If you don’t have vinegar, you can replace it with lemon juice instead!
How do I store these cinnamon rolls?
You’ll want to store these cinnamon rolls in the fridge! They will last for about 5 days. For long term storage, store the cinnamon rolls in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking for more delicious winter recipes?
Try some of my favorites below!
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Streusel Crumb Topping
- Peppermint Mocha Donuts
- Chocolate Frosted Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Salted Carmel Apple Pie Bars
- Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Cake
Ready to make these cream cheese frosted cinnamon rolls? The full recipe is below!
Cream Cheese Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour (1-1 or measure for measure flour)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy free unsweetened milk
- 5 TBS dairy free butter, melted
- 1 tsp vinegar
For the Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 3 TBS dairy free butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TBS cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz dairy free plain cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- First, prepare the dough: add all of the cinnamon roll ingredients to a large dish and mix until a thick dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. If it is too dry, add a bit more melted vegan butter.
- Next, generously add some flour to the counter. Place the dough on the floured counter and place a large piece of parchment paper over the dough. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin or large water bottle. Roll into a large rectangle.
- Next, add all of the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar filling to a small dish and mix until smooth. Drizzle the filling over the dough and evenly spread it out with a spoon or spatula.
- Cut the dough into 8 evenly sized strips and gently roll up each strip using your fingers. If the dough is sticking to the counter, use a butter knife to gently unstick the dough from the counter. Place the cinnamon rolls in a greased 8-inch pie plate.
- Next, preheat the oven to 350F. Once the oven is preheated, place the cinnamon rolls in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- While the cinnamon rolls cools, prepare the cream cheese frosting: add all of the frosting ingredients to a small dish and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!