Popcorn bars are perfect for movie nights, watch parties, get-togethers, and any other occasion needing snacks! They’re super simple to make, so versatile, and so fun. All you need is some popcorn, popcorn buckets, and your fav min-ins and topping!
What kind of popcorn do you use?
I like to pop my own popcorn using coconut oil and then sprinkle it with pink Himalayan salt. If I’m short on time, I like use LesserEvil Himalayan Pink Salt Organic Popcorn. It’s air popped and tumbled in coconut oil and pink Himalayan salt.
What ingredients do I need?
Other than popcorn, you can really get creative with the mix-ins and toppings you use! Here are some of my favorite mix-ins and toppings.
- Nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- Seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- Salty snacks (pretzels, grain free “cheese” puffs, grain free poppers, homemade party mix, etc.)
- Chocolate chips (I use dairy free chocolate chips)
- Melted chocolate
- Homemade caramel sauce
- Raw honey or hot honey
- Nut butter (I like to warm it up to make it a bit runnier)
- Olive oil/truffle oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Hot sauce
What kind of dairy free chocolate chips do you recommend?
- Dairy Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips, I would recommend Enjoy Life Foods dairy free chocolate chips. They have dark, semi-sweet, and white dairy free chocolate chips!
- Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free: If you’re looking for chocolate chips that are dairy free and refined sugar free, I would recommend Hu Kitchen dairy free chocolate chips (they’re sweetened only with dates!). If you want to try these chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
- Dairy Free & Sugar Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips that are also sugar free, I would recommend Lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips. They’re sweetened with stevia!
Where did you get your popcorn buckets?
I got my popcorn buckets from Amazon! They’re reusable and the perfect single serve size!
How exactly does this work?
I like to create a buffet style popcorn bar. I place the popcorn buckets first, followed next by the popcorn, followed next by the mix-ins and toppings! Grab a popcorn bucket and add some popcorn. Then add in some mix-ins and finish it off with your toppings. Mix it all around and enjoy!
Need some more snack inspo?
If you’re looking for more tasty snacks, try my homemade sweet and spicy party mix! It would be the perfect addition to your next popcorn bar.