(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Ready to bite into one of these sweet, fudgy and decadent chocolate brownies? They taste similar to traditional Ghirardelli brownies, but they’re vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and sugar free friendly! If you love sweet, fudgy and chocolatey brownies, you’ll love these.
How can I make these double chocolate brownies sugar free?
I used pure maple syrup in these brownies but you can use a sugar free maple syrup to keep the brownies sugar free. I also used dark chocolate chips in the brownies, which can be replaced with sugar free chocolate chips.
What ingredients do I need to make these double chocolate brownies?
If you want to make these brownies, here’s what you’ll need!
- oat flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- water or dairy free milk
- pure vanilla extract
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- almond butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- pure maple syrup
- unsweetened applesauce
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
What if I have a nut or coconut allergy?
If you have a nut allergy you can substitute the nut butter with a seed butter (like sunflower seed butter or sesame seed butter). If you’re allergic to coconut, you can substitute the coconut oil with olive oil or vegan butter.
What if I don’t have almond butter?
If you don’t have almond butter or you don’t prefer to use it, you can use another nut butter of choice like peanut or cashew butter.
How do I store these brownies?
I recommend storing these brownies in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can also store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Ready to make these brownies? Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water or dairy free milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper (or simply spray it with cooking spray).
- In a large bowl mix together all of the the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until the batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake brownies for 45-50 minutes, until set.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes before slicing.