(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Ready to bite into one of these sweet, fudgy and decadent chocolate brownies? They taste similar to Ghirardelli brownies, but they’re vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and sugar free friendly! If you love sweet, fudgy and chocolatey brownies, you’ll love these.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes between 16 and 25 servings. If you want larger brownies, cut them into 16 squares. If you want smaller brownies (they’re rich!), cut them into 25 squares!
What ingredients do I need to make these double chocolate brownies?
If you want to make these brownies, here’s what you’ll need!
- oat flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- water or dairy free milk
- pure vanilla extract
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- almond butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- pure maple syrup
- unsweetened applesauce
- chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
What if I have a nut or coconut allergy?
If you have a nut allergy you can substitute the nut butter with a seed butter (like sunflower seed butter or sesame seed butter). If you’re allergic to coconut, you can substitute the coconut oil with olive oil or vegan butter.
What if I don’t have almond butter?
If you don’t have almond butter or you don’t prefer to use it, you can use another nut butter of choice like peanut or cashew butter (I recommend Vör cashew butter).
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
- Dairy Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips, I would recommend Enjoy Life Foods dairy free chocolate chips. They have dark, semi-sweet, and white dairy free chocolate chips!
- Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free: If you’re looking for chocolate chips that are dairy free and refined sugar free, I would recommend Hu Kitchen dairy free chocolate chips (they’re sweetened only with dates!).
- Dairy Free & Sugar Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips that are also sugar free, I would recommend Lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips. They’re sweetened with stevia!
How do I store these brownies?
I recommend storing these brownies in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can also store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Looking for more brownie recipes?
If you’re looking for more brownies to try, check out some of these!
- Creme de Menthe Brownies
- Chocolate Frosted Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies
Ready to make these Double Chocolate Brownies? Here’s the recipe!
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water or dairy free milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (or simply spray it with cooking spray).
- In a large bowl mix together all of the the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until the batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake brownies for 45-50 minutes, until set.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes before slicing.