(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
These double chocolate oat flour muffins are the perfect healthier breakfast, dessert, or snack. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free and so delicious. If you love sweet and fudgy chocolate muffins, you will adore these!
How many double chocolate oat flour muffins does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 10 large double chocolate muffins or 12 medium double chocolate muffins. You can even make mini muffins if you prefer!
What ingredients will I need to make these oat flour muffins?
These double chocolate muffins require just a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour (I use homemade)
- flax eggs or regular eggs
- baking powder/baking soda
- cocoa powder
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- pure vanilla extract
- plain yogurt (I use dairy free)
- olive oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- unsweetened applesauce
- chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
What kind of dairy free yogurt did you use?
I used Forager Project unsweetened cashew milk dairy free yogurt. I love this yogurt because there are only a couple simple ingredients used!
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
- Dairy Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips, I would recommend Enjoy Life Foods dairy free chocolate chips. They have dark, semi-sweet, and white dairy free chocolate chips!
- Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free: If you’re looking for chocolate chips that are dairy free and refined sugar free, I would recommend Hu Kitchen dairy free chocolate chips (they’re sweetened only with dates!). If you want to try these chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
- Dairy Free & Sugar Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips that are also sugar free, I would recommend Lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips. They’re sweetened with stevia!
Help, I don’t have applesauce and/or yogurt on hand!
If you don’t have applesauce or yogurt on hand, you can try using one of these substitutes for either one: mashed banana, pumpkin puree, or nut butter. Or you can simply use more applesauce or yogurt if you have one, but not the other. I haven’t made this recipe with any of those substitutes, but those are all common substitutes for applesauce and yogurt.
How do I make homemade oat flour?
To make homemade oat flour simply blend gluten free quick, old fashioned, or rolled oats in a high speed blender (or process them in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. Check out this video if you want to see how I make my own oat flour!
Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes?
Try some of my other decadent chocolate recipes below!
- Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Double Chocolate Donuts
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Batter Truffles
- Double Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
- Double Chocolate Brownie Batter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Oat Flour Bread
- Decadent Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Layered Cake
Ready to make these double chocolate oat flour muffins? The full recipe is below!
Double Chocolate Oat Flour Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk or water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Gently spray the cupcake wrappers with cooking spray. If you don't want to use cupcake liners, make sure to spray the muffin cups well with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Once mixed, add in the wet ingredients one at a time and mix everything together until fully combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool slightly before enjoying!