(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Vegan, gluten free, and sugar free friendly double chocolate oat flour muffins! These are the perfect healthier breakfast, dessert, or snack. If you love sweet and fudgy chocolate muffins, you will adore these! They’re full of rich chocolate flavor, but still a lighter option.
How do I make these double chocolate muffins sugar free?
This recipe calls for pure maple syrup as the sweetener, but you can substitute it with a sugar free maple syrup instead to keep the recipe sugar free. You’ll also want to use sugar free chocolate chips. Let’s Bake Believe offers delicious dairy free and sugar free chocolate chips.
What ingredients will I need to make these muffins?
These chocolate muffins require just a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour
- flax or regular eggs
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- dairy free yogurt
- olive oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- chocolate chips
What kind of dairy free yogurt did you use?
I used Forager Project unsweetened cashew milk dairy free yogurt. I love this yogurt because there are only a couple simple ingredients used!
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Help, I don’t have applesauce and/or yogurt on hand!
If you don’t have applesauce or yogurt on hand, you can try using one of these substitutes: mashed avocado, mashed banana, pumpkin puree, or nut butter. Or you can simply use more applesauce or yogurt.
I haven’t made this recipe with any of those substitutes, but those are all common substitutes for applesauce or yogurt.
How do I make homemade oat flour?
It’s very easy to make homemade oat flour. Simply blend rolled or quick oats in a high speed blender until they turn into flour and then use the oat flour in this recipe!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 large muffins or 36 mini muffins. If you want to make mini muffins, bake them for only 15-20 minutes.
Ready to make these muffins? The full recipe is below!
Double Chocolate Oat Flour Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup dairy free milk or water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Gently spray the cupcake wrappers with cooking spray. The cupcake wrappers are optional – if you do not use them, make sure you spray the muffin tins well with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once mixed, add in the wet ingredients and mix well until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake muffins at 350° for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool slightly before enjoying.