We are in loveee with these frozen snickers banana popsicles! They’re the perfect summer treat – simple, healthy, and refreshing. If you’re a chocolate peanut butter lover, you have to give these banana pops a try! Not a fan of peanuts? These frozen banana popsicles work with any nut – almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc. They’re super easy to make and perfect for any summer gathering!
These frozen chocolate covered banana popsicles are also the perfect treat for kids. They’re easy enough for them to make, and a great healthy alternative to traditional popsicles!
What ingredients do I need to make these frozen snickers banana popsicles?
These banana popsicles requires just a couple simple ingredients. You’ll find them all listed below!
- ripe, but firm bananas
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- crushed/chopped peanuts (or other nut)
- wooden popsicle sticks
Where can I find dairy free chocolate chips?
Enjoy Life Foods offers dairy free chocolate chips (white, dark, and semi-sweet). Their dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips would be perfect for this recipe! You could also use Hu Kitchen chocolate chips. Their chocolate chips are sweetened with dates and so delicious! Use code bigleybasics for 15% any Hu Kitchen chocolate.
How do I store these frozen snickers banana popsicles?
You’ll want to store these frozen chocolate snickers banana popsicles in the freezer. I like to store them in a sealed container for up to a week. You could probably store them for longer than that, but mine are usually gone within a couple days! If you don’t prefer frozen bananas, you could also store them in the fridge, though they won’t last as long in the fridge as they would in the freezer.
Looking for more frozen dessert recipes?
If you’re in the mood for more frozen desserts, give my paleo pumpkin pie ice cream bars a try! Or try my frozen banana popsicles with allergy friendly white chocolate and sprinkles.
Ready to make these frozen snickers banana popsicles? The full recipe is below!
Frozen Snickers Banana Popsicles
- 3 ripe, but firm bananas
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (4.5oz)
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- peanut butter
- crushed/chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Peel 3 bananas and slice them each in half. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana half.
- Add some peanut butter to a microwave safe dish and heat the peanut butter until warm and runny (usually about 30 seconds).
- Dip each banana popsicle into the warmed peanut butter, using a spoon to scrape off excess peanut butter (or add more if necessary).
- Place the peanut butter dipped banana popsicles on a tray lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, until the peanut butter is hardened.
- Once the peanut butter is hardened, remove the banana popsicles from the freezer.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and microwave until melted, stirring occasionally to avoid burning the chocolate. If using oil, add that to the chocolate chips before melting.
- Dip each peanut butter coated banana popsicle into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to scrape off excess chocolate (or drizzle on additional melted chocolate as needed).
- Roll each banana popsicle in chopped peanuts and then return the popsicles to the tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place banana popsicles in the freezer until the bananas are frozen, about 2-3 hours.
- Remove banana popsicles from the freezer once frozen and enjoy! If you don't enjoy frozen bananas, feel free to store them in the fridge instead.