(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
This gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free glazed cranberry orange loaf is the perfect light and refreshing treat to start off the New Year. It’s full of sweet citrus flavor and bursting with little pockets of tangy cranberry. If you’re a fan of orange and cranberry, you will adore this flavorful loaf!
Do I have to add cranberries?
No, you don’t need to add cranberries! You can use another mix-in if you prefer (chocolate chips, nuts, etc.), or simply leave them out and make a delicious simply glazed orange loaf!
What ingredients do I need for this cranberry orange loaf?
This cranberry orange loaf requires just several simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour (I use homemade)
- flax or regular eggs
- baking powder/baking soda
- fresh oranges
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- olive oil
- fresh cranberries (optional, or another mix-in)
- coconut butter (optional, for the glaze)
I am allergic to coconut! What else can I use for the glaze?
If you’re allergic to coconut, you can use 1 TBS dairy free yogurt for the glaze instead or simply use powdered sugar.
How do I make homemade oat flour?
To make homemade oat flour simply blend gluten free quick, old fashioned, or rolled oats in a high speed blender (or process them in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. Check out this video if you want to see how I make my own oat flour!
Can I turn this cranberry orange loaf into cranberry orange muffins?
You can certainly turn this cranberry orange loaf into cranberry orange muffins. Simply divide the batter between greased muffin tins (this recipe will make about 15-18) and bake them for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean!
How do I store this loaf?
I like to store this loaf on the counter for several days or in the fridge for up to a week. For long term storage, simply slice this loaf and store it in the freezer! If you use yogurt for the glaze, store this loaf in the fridge!
Looking for more refreshing fruit infused recipes?
Try some of these!
- Glazed Lemon Loaf
- Light and Fluffy Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- Low Sugar Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Ready to make this glazed cranberry orange loaf? The full recipe is below!
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
For the Loaf
- 3 cups oat flour (I used homemade)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest from 2 large oranges
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 large oranges)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 eggs (flax or regular eggs)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (optional)
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×5 loaf pan with parchment paper (or simply grease well with cooking spray).
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, adding each one at a time.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are added, whisk the batter well until it is smooth and there are no lumps. In a separate dish, gently toss the fresh cranberries in 1 TBS oat flour then fold the cranberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with additional cranberries. Bake loaf at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Once baked, let the orange bread cool completely in the pan.
- While the bread cools, mix together the optional glaze: heat the coconut butter slightly until it is warm and runny (in the microwave or on the stovetop). Once heated, add the orange juice and maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Once the bread is completely cooled, remove it from the pan and drizzle with the prepared glaze. Slice the bread and enjoy!