(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
This vegan, gluten free and sugar free friendly glazed cranberry orange loaf is the perfect light and refreshing treat to start off the New Year.
It’s full of sweet citrus flavor and bursting with little pockets of tangy cranberry. If you’re a fan of orange and cranberry, you will adore this flavorful loaf!
How can I make this cranberry orange loaf sugar free?
This recipe calls for pure maple syrup as the sweetener, but it can be substituted with a sugar free flavored maple syrup like this one from Lakanto if needed. It’s made from monk fruit and is sugar free!
What ingredients do I need for this cranberry orange loaf?
This cranberry orange loaf requires just several simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour
- ground flaxseed
- baking powder
- baking soda
- fresh oranges
- pure maple syrup
- olive oil
- fresh cranberries
- coconut butter (optional, for the glaze)
I am allergic to coconut! What else can I use for the glaze?
If you’re allergic to coconut, you can use 1 TBS dairy free yogurt for the glaze instead!
What if I don’t have oat flour?
If you don’t have oat flour on hand, that’s totally fine. You can easily make your own at home! To make homemade oat flour simply blend oats in a high speed blender (or process in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached and use the flour in this recipe.
Can I add omit the cranberries or add another mix-in?
If you’re not a fan of cranberries, you can simply omit them from the recipe. If you want to use another mix-in instead (like chopped nuts or chocolate chips), go right ahead!
Can I turn this cranberry orange loaf into cranberry orange muffins?
You can certainly turn this cranberry orange loaf into cranberry orange muffins. Simply divide the batter between greased muffin tins (this recipe will make about 15-18) and bake them for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How do I store this loaf?
I like to store this loaf on the counter for several days or in the fridge for up to a week. For long term storage, simply slice this loaf and store it in the freezer.
Ready to make this glazed cranberry orange loaf? Get the recipe below!
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
For the Loaf
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large oranges (zest only)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 large oranges)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (plus more for topping)
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together the wet ingredients in a large bowl (except for the cranberries).
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, adding each one at a time.
- Once all of the dry ingredients are added, stir the batter well until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Gently toss the cranberries in 1 TBS additional oat flour then fold the cranberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with additional cranberries.
- Bake loaf at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the orange bread cool completely in the pan.
- While the bread cools, mix together the glaze (optional): heat the coconut butter slightly until it is warm and runny (in the microwave or on the stovetop). Once heated, add the orange juice and maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Once the bread is completely cooled, remove it from the pan and drizzle with the prepared glaze.
- Slice the bread and enjoy!