This glazed lemon loaf is the perfect summer treat! It’s light and refreshing, and just the right balance of sweet and sour. This lemon loaf is made with oat flour and fresh lemons, and is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. I find this loaf works well for both breakfast and dessert!
Can I add any mix-ins to this loaf?
I think this loaf would be delicious with fresh berries added to the batter – especially blueberries or raspberries! Another option would be mini white chocolate chips. Feel free to get creative with mix-ins. If you add any, I would use about 1 cup!
What ingredients do I need for this glazed lemon loaf?
You’ll need just a couple simple ingredients to make this glazed lemon loaf. They are:
- oat flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- flax eggs or regular eggs
- fresh lemons
- pure maple syrup or honey
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- pure almond extract
- coconut butter (for the glaze, optional)
What if I don’t have oat flour?
If you don’t have oat flour on hand, that’s totally fine. You can easily make your own at home! To make homemade oat flour simply blend oats in a high speed blender (or process in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. If you want to check out a video tutorial of how I make my own oat flour, you can view it here.
Help, I’m allergic to coconut!
If you’re allergic to coconut you can use olive oil in this recipe instead of coconut oil. For a coconut free glaze, simply melt some allergy friendly white chocolate chips in a small bowl and drizzle over the loaf once cooled. It will be delicious!
How do I store this loaf?
I like to store this loaf on the counter for a couple days or in the fridge for about 5 days. For long term storage, simply slice this loaf and store the slices in the freezer.
Craving more sweet bread?
In the mood for more sweet breads? Try some of my other quick bread recipes!
Ready to make this glazed lemon loaf? The full recipe is below!
Glazed Lemon Loaf
For the Loaf
- 3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs (flax eggs or regular eggs)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Zest from 2 lemons
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- While the oven is preheating, add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, adding each one at a time.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are added, stir the batter well until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- If adding mix-ins, gently fold those into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the lemon loaf cool completely in the pan.
- While the loaf cools, prepare the lemon glaze: heat the coconut butter on the stovetop or in the microwave until melted. Gently stir in the lemon juice and honey until well combined.
- One the lemon loaf is completely cooled, remove it from the pan and drizzle with the glaze. Top with additional lemon zest if desired.
- Slice the bread and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hello, this recipe looks great! I was wondering if you have the nutrition facts for this recipe?
Hello! I don’t have the nutrition facts, but you can easily get them if you use Whisk Nutrition Calculator! Just enter the recipe link and you’ll get all the details! Here’s the link: https://whisk.com/recipe-nutrition-calculator.