(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
These grilled ground beef quesadillas are so crunchy, so flavorful, and so delicious. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free, and so easy to make. You don’t need any fancy grilling skills to make this recipe; simply place your quesadillas on the grill and cook for several minutes on each side! If you love quesadillas, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe will make about 12 small quesadillas. I find this recipe typically serves 6 people (2 quesadillas per person).
What ingredient do I need to make this recipe?
To make these grilled ground beef quesadillas, here’s what you’ll need:
- Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- Diced pepper, onion and tomato
- Gluten free taco seasoning (I used homemade)
- Gluten free tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
- Dairy free queso (I used homemade, see below)
- Optional ingredients (lettuce, salsa, avocado, etc.)
Can I add other ingredients to these quesadillas?
Absolutely! Feel free to add any other ingredients you enjoy to the inside of these quesadillas. We like to add taco sauce, hot sauce, black beans, and refried beans to our quesadillas!
Why use Laura’s Lean ground beef?
I used Laura’s Lean ground beef in this recipe because it cooks faster than traditional beef and because it hardly produces any grease. It’s also lower in total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol than most other beef products, making it a great source of lean, clean protein. Laura’s Lean is the #1 selling natural beef brand in America and all of their products are made without added hormones and antibiotics, which I love! If you’re looking for a healthier protein option for everyday recipes, I highly recommend Laura’s Lean. (AD)
Where can I find Laura’s Lean ground beef?
Laura’s Lean ground beef is available in most grocery stores. You can choose between 92% lean and 96% lean – I love both! I used Laura’s Lean 92% lean for this recipe.
How long will these quesadillas stay fresh?
You can store the quesadillas in the fridge for 4-5 days, but I recommend enjoying them the day you grill them, as they are definitely best served fresh! To reheat the quesadillas, simply add to a greased griddle/skillet and cook for several minutes on each side, until crispy.
Looking for more savory recipes?
Try some of my other delicious savory recipes below!
Ready to make these grilled ground beef quesadillas? The full recipe is below!
Grilled Ground Beef Quesadillas
For the Taco Meat
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (I used 92% lean)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (1 packet)
For the Queso
- 1 cup raw cashews (or 1/2 cup raw cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 small gluten free tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
- shredded lettuce
- hot sauce/taco sauce
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add 1 lb (16oz) Laura's Lean ground beef to the pot. Cook the beef until thoroughly cooked through, breaking it into pieces as it cooks. While the beef cooks, dice the bell pepper, onion, and tomato.
- Once the beef is fully cooked, add 3 tbsp taco seasoning (about 1 packet) to the beef, along with 1/4 cup water. Mix until thoroughly combined. If the meat is too dry, add in 2-4 TBSP more water.
- Next, add in the diced pepper, onion and tomato. Cook for several minutes until the vegetables are tender. Once the vegetables are tender, remove from the heat.
- Next, prepare the queso: add all of the queso ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a high speed blender, I highly recommend using cashew butter instead of raw cashews.
- Once the queso is ready, assemble the quesadillas: grab 2 tortillas and spread some queso on one side of each tortilla. Place the ground beef mixture on top of one queso spread tortilla and top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and avocado. Top with the second tortilla, making sure the side with queso is face down.
- Once all of the tortillas have been assembled, bring an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place the quesadillas on the grill and cook for several minutes on each side, until warm and crispy. Once cooked, remove the quesadillas from the grill and enjoy!
- I used 3 TBSP homemade taco seasoning using this recipe!
- For a spicy queso, be sure to use medium or hot salsa or add some hot sauce to the queso!
- For even more flavor, feel free to add some hot sauce or taco sauce to the inside of the quesadillas before grilling!
- Feel free to add any other ingredients to the quesadillas (e.g. black beans, refried beans, etc.)