This one-pot ground beef jambalaya is so easy to make and comes together in under an hour! It’s gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, and so tasty. It’s the perfect quick and easy, healthier weeknight dinner!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe will will make about 6 servings.
What ingredients will I need to make this ground beef jambalaya?
To make this ground beef jambalaya, you’ll need a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- Additional cooked protein (see below)
- Diced celery, onion and bell pepper
- Fresh garlic
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- Oregano, thyme and cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
What additional protein do you recommend?
One great this about this recipe is how versatile it is! You can really add whatever additional protein you prefer. I like to use chicken sausage, cooked chicken, cooked shrimp, or more ground beef!
Why use Laura’s Lean ground beef?
I used Laura’s Lean ground beef in this recipe because it cooks faster than traditional beef and because it hardly produces any grease, making it the perfect choice for one-pot recipes like this. It’s also lower in total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol than most other beef products, making it a great source of lean, clean protein. Laura’s Lean is the #1 selling natural beef brand in America and all of their products are made without added hormones and antibiotics, which I love! If you’re looking for a healthier protein option for everyday recipes, I highly recommend Laura’s Lean. (ad)
Where can I find Laura’s Lean ground beef?
Laura’s Lean group beef is available in most grocery stores. You can choose between 92% lean and 96% lean – I love both! I used Laura’s Lean 96% lean for this particular recipe.
How should I store this ground beef jambalaya?
I recommend storing the jambalaya in a glass food container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for long term storage!
Looking for more savory recipes?
Try some of my other savory recipes below!
Ready to make this delicious ground beef jambalaya? The full recipe is below!
Ground Beef Jambalaya
- 12 oz Laura's Lean Ground Beef (I used 96% lean)
- 12 oz additional cooked protein (I used chicken sausage)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, oregano and thyme
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Dice the celery, bell pepper, and onion and place the diced vegetables in a medium sized bowl. Mince the garlic and add it to the diced vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add 12oz Laura's Lean ground beef. Cook the beef until thoroughly cooked through, breaking it into pieces as it cooks.
- Once cooked, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the ground beef, along with the celery, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Continue to cook until the vegetable are tender. Once the vegetables are tender, add in the additional cooked protein, salt, pepper, and all of the spices. Stir well and cook for several minutes.
- Next, add in the canned tomatoes, beef broth, and rice. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring every 10 minutes so the rice is evenly cooked. Serve and enjoy!