(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
If you’re a Snickers bar fan, you’ll adore this homemade version. These homemade Snickers bars are vegan, gluten free, paleo, and grain free. You can also make them sugar free and keto if you want! If you’re not a fan of peanuts, feel free to make these with any other nut. They’re super easy to make and require just 6-7 simple ingredients!
How do I make these Snickers bars sugar free?
I used pure maple syrup and dark chocolate to make these Snickers bars, but you can use sugar free maple syrup if you want, as well as sugar free dark chocolate.
What ingredients do I need?
You’ll need just 6-7 simple ingredients to make these bars. They are:
- almond flour
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate
- peanut butter
- coconut oil (optional)
Can I make these bars peanut free?
If you’re not a fan of peanuts, you can use a different nut and nut butter combination. This would be delicious with almonds/almond butter, cashews/cashew butter, or walnuts/walnut butter.
How do I melt the chocolate?
You can melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop using the double boiler method. If you melt the chocolate in the microwave, it will help to add a little bit of coconut oil to the chocolate to help it melt smoothly (about 1 TBS). This isn’t necessary, but will help to thin the chocolate and help it melt smoothly.
Looking for more peanut and chocolate combos?
I don’t know if there’s a better flavor combination out there (except maybe chocolate and more chocolate!). If you like peanut and chocolate together as much as I do, you’ll want to check out these recipes too.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Frozen Snickers Banana Popsicles
Ready to make these homemade Snickers bars? Here’s the recipe!
Homemade Snickers Bars
For the Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Caramel
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the crust ingredients until smooth.
- Next, line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and add the crust to the pan. Press the crust down until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. I like to use parchment paper to press it down so it doesn't stick to my hands.
- Next, mix together the caramel ingredients. Once mixed, spread the caramel over the crust.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top of the caramel layer and gently press them down into the crust. Then place the loaf pan in the freezer.
- After several hours, remove the loaf pan from the freezer.
- Remove the parchment paper from the pan and slice the dessert into into 6-8 evenly sized bars.
- Next, melt 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (on the stovetop or in the microwave). I like to add 1 TBS coconut oil to the chocolate to help it melt more smoothly.
- Carefully coat each bar in melted chocolate and then place the bars on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate or freeze the snickers bars until hardened. Store in the fridge or freezer.