These mini banana pancake bites are the perfect weekend breakfast! They’re so delicious, so nutritious, and honestly – just so fun to make! They’re also naturally gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. I like to add some vanilla protein powder to the pancake batter to give these pancakes a protein boost and some sweet vanilla flavor, but the protein powder is optional!
These mini banana pancake bites are such a big hit with kids. Something about the size of these pancakes, they’re just so kid friendly! But trust me, my husband and I are also obsessed with these….
What ingredients do I need to make these mini banana pancake bites?
You’ll need just several simple ingredients to make these mini banana pancakes. They are:
- oat flour
- vanilla protein powder (optional)
- flax eggs or regular eggs
- pure vanilla extract
- baking powder
- ripe, but firm bananas
Do I have to add protein powder?
No, you don’t need to add protein powder to the recipe. If you don’t want to add protein powder to the pancake batter, feel free to simply replace the protein powder with more oat flour. If you do replace the protein powder with oat flour, you might want to add about 1 TBS sweetener (coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, monk fruit, etc.) to the batter for a touch of sweetness. But the sweetener is optional!
What protein powder do you use?
I used Happy Way like a vegan vanilla flavored protein powder in this recipe. It’s made with just a couple simple ingredients and contains no artificial ingredients. If you want to give it a try, you can use my discount code HAPPYTHEBIGLEYBASICS for 10% off. It’s delicious!
What toppings should I use?
I personally like to top these mini banana pancake bites with warmed nut butter and pure maple syrup. I also like adding some fresh banana slices to these pancakes, along with the nut butter and maple syrup. You could also top the pancakes with dairy free yogurt, honey, dairy free whipped cream, melted chocolate, or any other fresh fruit!
Can I replace the banana slices with other fruit slices?
If you want to try this recipe with other fruit, go right ahead! I’ve made these mini pancakes with sliced strawberries and apples and they were delicious! Check out my strawberry pancake bites recipe and my apple stuffed pancake bites!
How many servings does this recipe make?
I find that this recipe serves 2 people. If you want to make a single serving recipe, simply cut the recipe in half or store leftovers in the fridge. The leftover pancakes will last in the fridge for several days!
Looking for more pancake recipes?
If you’re in the mood for more pancakes, try my delicious hearty oatmeal pancakes or my mouthwatering single serve pumpkin pancakes! Or try my strawberry pancake bites and my apple stuffed pancake bites!
Ready to make these mini banana pancake bites? The full recipe is below!
Mini Banana Pancake Bites
For the Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (or more oat flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1 flax egg or regular egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ripe, but firm bananas
- Toppings (pure maple syrup, nut butter, chocolate sauce, etc.)
- First make the pancake batter; add all of the pancake batter ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until a smooth batter forms. If the batter is too thin, add more oat flour. If the batter is too thick, add more water.
- Next, slice 3 ripe bananas into little discs. I made my slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bring a griddle or frying pan to medium heat and grease well (I like to use avocado oil cooking spray or coconut oil).
- Coat each banana slice in the pancake batter and then place on the greased griddle/pan. You can either coat each banana slice individually or add all of the banana slices to the batter and evenly coat them with batter.
- Cook the mini banana pancakes bites for several minutes on each side, until they're crispy and golden brown.
- Once fully cooked, remove the banana pancake bites from the griddle and plate.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings (I like almond butter, pure maple syrup and fresh banana slices).
- Dig in and enjoy!