(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Have you ever meet anyone who didn’t like cinnamon rolls? Me neither. Cinnamon rolls are such a tasty treat and they’re perfect for autumn. They’re warm, cozy, and full of cinnamon flavor. To make these cinnamon roll bites even more of a fall time treat, I made a pumpkin version! This recipe is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and high protein/sugar free friendly. It’s super easy to make, it literally takes less than 5 minutes!
What ingredients do I need for these pumpkin cinnamon rolls bites?
You’re going to need just a couple simple ingredients for this recipe. I’ll bet you have most of them (if not all) in your pantry and fridge right now! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- oat flour
- sea salt
- baking powder
- coconut sugar, monk fruit or vanilla protein powder
- pumpkin purée
- dairy free yogurt
How do I make these pumpkin cinnamon roll bites sugar free?
To keep the recipe sugar free, simply use a sugar free granulated sweetener in the place of the coconut sugar (like monk fruit) or use vanilla protein powder instead (see below).
How do I make it higher in protein?
To make the cinnamon rolls higher in protein, simply replace the coconut sugar with vanilla protein powder. I recommend using Truvani’s Vanilla Protein Powder. It’s organic, plant based, and really, really good!
Help, I don’t have oat flour!
No oat flour? No problem. You can easily make your own at home! To make homemade oat flour simply blend rolled/old fashioned oats in a high speed blender (or process in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached! If you want to watch a very quick tutorial, check out this video.
Where do I find dairy free yogurt?
You can find dairy free yogurt in almost any grocery store. My favorite kind at the moment is Forager Project unsweetened cashew milk yogurt.
I don’t want to use the microwave…
If you don’t have a microwave or don’t prefer to use one you can simply bake these mini cinnamon roll bites at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
Ready to make these pumpkin cinnamon rolls? Get the recipe below!
Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bites
For the Cinnamon Roll
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp coconut sugar
For the Icing
- 2 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix together the cinnamon roll ingredients in a small dish. The dough should shape into a ball. If it’s too dry, add more pumpkin purée. If it’s too wet and sticky, add more oat flour.
- Lightly grease the counter with coconut oil or cooking spray and place your dough ball onto the greased counter. Greasing the counter helps it to roll up nicely (see step 5).
- Roll out/flatten the dough with a rolling pin or with your fingers until you have a small rectangular shape.
- Lightly spread/brush the softened coconut oil over the dough and then sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Using your fingers, gently roll up the dough (rolling up the long side of the dough).
- Slice the rolled dough into 6 small rounds and place them in a greased microwave safe dish.
- Microwave the cinnamon roll bites for 2 minutes.
- While your cinnamon roll bites are cooking, stir together your icing ingredients in a small dish.
- After 2 minutes, remove your cinnamon roll bites from the microwave and drizzle them with icing. Enjoy immediately.