(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
These mini strawberry pancake bites are the perfect summer breakfast! They’re made with just a couple simple ingredients and are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. I love to top these with some pure maple syrup and homemade coconut whipped cream! If you love pancakes and strawberries, you’ll love this recipe.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipes makes about 2 servings!
What ingredients do I need to make these mini strawberry pancake bites?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- oat flour (I use homemade)
- baking powder
- pink Himalayan salt
- flax eggs or regular eggs
- pure vanilla extract
- water or dairy free milk
- fresh strawberries
What toppings should I use?
I like to top my pancakes with some pure maple syrup, homemade almond butter, or even some melted dark chocolate! They’re also delicious topped with some homemade coconut whipped cream. Some other topping ideas would be raw honey, dairy free yogurt, fresh fruit, or a homemade chocolate sauce!
How do I make homemade oat flour?
To make homemade oat flour simply blend quick, old fashioned, or rolled oats in a high speed blender (or process them in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. If you want to see a video tutorial of how I make my own oat flour, you can watch this tutorial here!
Can I make this recipe with other fruit?
I’ve tried this recipe with bananas, strawberries, and apples. They all work very well! If you want to make this recipe with bananas, you can find the recipe here: mini banana pancake bites. If you want to make this recipe with apples (or other fruit), you can find the recipe here: fruit stuffed pancake bites.
Can I add protein powder to the pancake batter?
If you want to add some protein powder to this recipe, you can substitute 1/4 cup oat flour for 1/4 vanilla protein powder. I love this 5 ingredient vanilla protein powder from Truvani. It’s made with only real ingredients and is also organic!
Looking for more pancake recipes?
If you’re looking for more pancake recipes, try some of my favorites below!
- Mini Banana Pancake Bites
- Fruit Stuffed Pancake Bites
- Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes
- Single Serve Pumpkin Pancakes
Mini Strawberry Pancake Bites
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (I use homemade)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water (or non dairy milk)
- 1 egg (flax or regular egg)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- First, prepare the pancake batter: add all of the pancake batter ingredients to a large bowl and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Next, slice the strawberries. I made my slices about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Bring a griddle or frying pan to medium heat and grease it well.
- Carefully coat each strawberry slice in the pancake batter and then place the coated strawberries on the greased griddle/pan. You can either coat each strawberry slice individually or add all of the strawberries slices to the batter and gently stir them to evenly coat them in batter.
- Cook the mini strawberry pancakes for several minutes on each side until they're crispy and golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the strawberry pancake bites from the griddle and plate. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- For a high protein option, replace 1/4 cup oat flour with 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder.
- My favorite toppings include: homemade nut butters, pure maple syrup or raw honey, melted dark chocolate, and coconut whipped cream.