(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
If you’re a sucker for lemon desserts, you’re going to love these lemon bars! They’re full of fresh lemon flavor and just the right balance of sweet and sour. They’re also gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and refined sugar free!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes one 8×8 square pan of lemon bars. I like to cut the lemon bars into 16 squares!
What ingredients will I need to make these lemon bars?
You’ll need just a couple simple ingredients to make these bars. They are:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- honey or pure maple syrup
- coconut oil (or vegan/grass fed butter)
How do I store these lemon bars?
You’ll want to store the lemon bars in the fridge. You can store them in the fridge for up to 5 days! For long term storage, store them in the freezer.
Looking for more simple fruit inspired recipes?
Try some of my other fruit infused recipes below!
- Glazed Lemon Loaf
- Light and Fluffy Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- Low Sugar Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Ready to make these delicious lemon bars? The full recipe is below!
Paleo Lemon Bars
For the Crust
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or vegan/grass fed butter)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
For the Lemon Filling
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (I like to spray the dish with olive oil before adding the parchment paper to help it stick).
- In a large bowl combine the crust ingredients and mix well. Add the crust to the lined pan and gently press it down with a separate piece of parchment paper (make sure the crust covers the entire bottom of the pan).
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. While the crust is baking, whisk together the lemon filling in a separate bowl.
- As soon as the crust is done baking, pour the lemon mixture over the baked crust (leave the pan on the rack in the oven to reduce movement).
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake the bars for an additional 20 minutes or until the filling is firm.
- Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool for an hour then place the bars in the fridge and refrigerate for several more hours until they are cold.
- Once refrigerated, slice and serve! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.