(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Looking for a healthier (yet still indulgent) chocolate cheesecake recipe? This decadent double chocolate cheesecake is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and refined sugar free. It’s made with only 7 ingredients and is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for any chocolate lover!
Does this really taste like cheesecake?
Um, yes! This chocolate cheesecake is a favorite in our house. The texture is smooth and creamy and it’s bursting with rich chocolate flavor. No one would ever guess it’s gluten free, dairy free, paleo and refined sugar free!
What ingredients do I need to make this double chocolate cheesecake?
This no bake double chocolate cheesecake requires only 7 simple ingredients. They are:
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- full fat coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- raw cashews (or cashew butter, see below)
- pure vanilla extract
Should I use whole cashews or cashew butter?
I used raw cashews in this recipe, but you can substitute the raw cashews for cashew butter instead if you prefer. If you have a high speed blender, using raw cashews will work just fine. If you don’t have high speed blender, you will want to use cashew butter instead.
What other dairy free milks can I use in this recipe?
If you don’t want to use full fat canned coconut milk in this recipe, you can substitute it with almond milk, cashew milk, or oat milk! Or any other non-dairy milk will most likely work.
How do I store this double chocolate cheesecake?
You will want to store this cheesecake in the freezer! It should last for several months.
How do I serve this double chocolate cheesecake?
Get the cheesecake out of the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to serve it to let it thaw and soften. Once it is slightly thawed and softened, it is ready to serve! I prefer this cheesecake on the softer side so I I like to let it thaw for awhile. I love serving this chocolate cheesecake with some dairy free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Looking for more decadent chocolate recipes?
Try some of my other chocolate recipes below!
- Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie
- Double Chocolate Donuts
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Batter Truffles
- Double Chocolate Layered Cake
- Decadent Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Ready to make this double chocolate cheesecake? The full recipe is below!
No Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews (or 1/2 cup cashew butter)
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- First, line an 8-inch cake pan or small cheesecake pan with parchment paper.
- Next, mix together the crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl until a smooth dough begins to form.
- Place the crust mixture in the bottom of the lined cake pan and use a piece of parchment paper to smooth it out. Make sure the crust covers the entire bottom of the pan and touches all of the sides.
- Next, blend together the cheesecake filling in a high speed blender or food processor. If using cashew butter instead of whole cashews, you can try to whisk the filling together by hand (but I recommend blending if possible!).
- Once the cheesecake filling is ready, pour it over the prepared crust. Place the cheesecake in the freezer and freeze for 6+ hours, or overnight.
- After 6+ hours, remove the cheesecake from the freezer and let it sit out for 15-30 minutes (or until you are happy with the consistency; it should be softened and creamy, but not too melting).
- After thawing slightly, slice the cheesecake and serve. Best served with dairy free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Want more cheesecake?
If you love cheesecake as much as I do (which is a lot), you’ll want to try these recipes out too!