(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Looking for a healthier (yet still indulgent) chocolate cheesecake recipe? This decadent chocolate cheesecake is vegan, gluten free, paleo, and sugar free/keto friendly. It’s made with only 7 ingredients and is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for any chocolate lover!
How do I make this cheesecake keto and sugar free?
I used pure maple syrup in this recipe, but you can substitute the maple syrup with sugar free maple syrup instead if you prefer to keep the recipe sugar free and keto.
What ingredients do I need for this raw vegan chocolate cheesecake?
This raw vegan chocolate cheesecake requires only 7 ingredients. They are:
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- pure maple syrup
- full fat coconut milk
- raw cashews (or cashew butter, see below)
- pure vanilla extract
Should I use whole cashews or cashew butter?
I used raw cashews in this recipe, but you can substitute for raw cashews for cashew butter instead. If you have a high speed blender, using raw cashews will work just fine. If you don’t have high speed blender, you will want to use cashew butter instead.
Does this really taste like cheesecake?
Um, yes! This chocolate cheesecake is a favorite in our house. The texture is smooth and creamy and it’s bursting with rich chocolate flavor. Nobody would ever know it’s vegan, gluten free and paleo!
How do I store/serve this cheesecake?
You will want to store this cheesecake in the freezer. Get it out of the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to serve it to let it thaw. Once it is slightly thawed, it is ready to serve. I like to serve this cheesecake with some dairy free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Ready to make this cheesecake? The full recipe is below!
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS pure maple syrup
For the Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews (or 1/2 cup cashew butter)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- First, line an 8-inch cake pan or small cheesecake pan with parchment paper.
- Next, mix together your crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl until a crust begins to form.
- Place the crust mixture in the bottom of the lined cake pan and smooth it out with your fingers to form a smooth crust. Make sure the crust covers the bottom of the cake pan and touches all of the sides (you don't want the cheesecake mixture to get between the crust and bottom of the pan).
- Next, blend together the cheesecake filling in a high speed blender or food processor. If using cashew butter, you can try to whisk the filling together by hand.
- Once the cheesecake filling is ready, pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer and freeze for 6+ hours, or overnight.
- After 6+ hours, remove the cheesecake from the freezer and let it sit out for 15-30 minutes (or until you are happy with the consistency; it should be softened and creamy, but not too melted).
- After thawing slightly, slice the cheesecake and serve. Best served with dairy free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Store cheesecake in the freezer for 2-3 months.