Salted caramel popcorn brownies. I am obsessed. If you’re a fan of fudgy chocolate brownies, gooey salted caramel sauce, and perfectly popped popcorn, you will adore this dessert. The combination of sweet, salty, rich, fudgy, gooey, and crunchy…..it’s next level. And can you believe these salted caramel popcorn brownies are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free? It’s almost too good to be true…
I need to make these brownies. What ingredients do I need?!
If you’re dying to make these salted caramel popcorn brownies, here’s what you’ll need:
- oat flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- water or dairy free milk
- pure vanilla extract
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- nut/seed butter of choice
- pure maple syrup
- unsweetened applesauce
- popped popcorn
What if I have a nut or coconut allergy?
If you have a nut allergy make sure to use a seed butter in the brownies instead of a nut butter. I personally like sunflower seed butter or sesame seed butter (also know as tahini). If you’re allergic to coconut, you can substitute the melted coconut oil with olive oil or vegan butter.
What nut/seed butters do you recommend for these salted caramel popcorn brownies?
I personally love making these brownies with almond butter, cashew butter, or peanut butter. I also really like them with tahini. For the caramel, I prefer to use tahini, almond butter, or cashew butter. You’ll want to use a runnier nut/seed butter (rather than a thick one). Usually natural nut/seed butters with no added ingredients are the best option!
How do I store these salted caramel popcorn brownies?
You’ll want to store these brownies in the fridge. They’ll stay fresh for about 5 days, but I doubt they will last that long!
In the mood for more brownies?
If you’re looking for more delicious brownies recipes, try some of my favorites below!
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Frosted Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Creme De Menthe Brownies
Don’t have time to make brownies?
If you’re in the mood for brownies but don’t have time to make a whole batch, try some of these simple brownie recipes below!
- Flourless Brownie Batter Bites
- High Protein Brownie Batter
- Flourless Brownie Batter Cookies
- Brownie Batter Truffles
Ready to make these salted caramel popcorn brownies? Here’s the recipe!
Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies
For the Brownies
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water or dairy free milk
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water or dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (use only 1/4 tsp salt if using a salted nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all of the brownie ingredients to a large bowl and mix well, stirring gently until everything is well combined.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and place in the oven to bake.
- Bake brownies for 45-50 minutes, until set.
- Once baked, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes.
- Once the brownies are cooled, prepare the salted caramel sauce: add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and heat the mixture over low heat until the caramel comes to a bubble, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Once the caramel beings to bubble, turn the heat all the way down to low and allow the caramel to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- After 1-2 minutes, remove the caramel from the heat and allow it to cool for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 4 cups of popped popcorn to a large bowl.
- Once the caramel sauce has slightly cooled, drizzle about half of the caramel sauce over the brownies and gently spread it over the brownies with a spatula.
- Pour most of the remaining caramel sauce over the popcorn, saving a little bit for the end.
- Toss the popcorn in the caramel until fully coated and then add the caramel popcorn to the brownies. Gently press the popcorn into the caramel caramel layer on the brownies to help the popcorn stick.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the finished salted caramel popcorn brownies and then place the brownies in the fridge to chill for several hours.
- Once chilled, remove the brownies from the fridge, slice, and enjoy!
- Store brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days.