(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Looking for an easy and healthy apple crisp recipe? This single serve apple crisp is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and sugar free friendly. And it takes only 5 minutes to prepare! It is the perfect easy autumn breakfast or dessert recipe.
How do I make this single serve apple crisp sugar free?
This apple crisp recipe calls for pure maple syrup but you can use a sugar free maple flavored syrup like this one from Lakanto if you need to keep the recipe sugar free. This maple flavored syrup is sweetened with monk fruit. Or you can use a granulated sugar free sweetener like monk fruit or vanilla protein powder. I use Organifi vegan vanilla protein powder. You can view this protein and my discount code here.
What ingredients do I need for this single serve apple crisp?
This apple crisp requires only a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour (optional)
- sea salt
- pure maple syrup
- coconut oil
A note about the oats….
If you need the recipe to be 100% gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten free oats like Bob’s Red Mill gluten free old fashioned rolled oats. Oats are naturally gluten free, but some oats may be contaminated with gluten-containing grains if not purchased from a certified gluten free brand.
What other sweeteners can I use?
You can really use whatever sweetener you prefer in this recipe. I used pure maple syrup but you could use raw honey, date syrup, coconut sugar, monk fruit, or vanilla protein powder. A liquid sweetener will help to make the crumble mixture more moist (which is a good thing), but if you prefer to use a granulated sweetener, that will work too.
Help, I don’t have oat flour!
If you don’t have oat flour, it’s no problem. Simply replace the oat flour with an additional 1/4 rolled or old fashioned oats. Or simply make your own oat flour by blending oats in a high speed blender until smooth.
What should I serve this with?
This single serve apple crisp pairs well with dairy free vanilla yogurt, dairy free whipped cream, or dairy free vanilla ice cream.
Looking for more single serve fall recipes?
Ready to make this? Here’s the recipe!
For the Apple Filling
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Crumble
- 1/4 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or more oats)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 TBS coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a small ramekin with cooking spray.
- While the oven preheats, assemble the apple crisp.
- Peel and dice a small apple (you should have about 1 cup diced apple).
- In a small bowl mix together 1 cup diced apple and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Once mixed, add the apple mixture to the bottom of your greased ramekin.
- In a separate dish, mix together your crumble ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle the crumble on top of the apple mixture (make sure to fully cover the apple mixture).
- Place the apple crisp in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the crumble is slightly hardened.
- Remove the crisp from the oven after baking and let it cool on the stovetop.
- After cooling, top the crisp and enjoy.