Looking for an easy and healthy apple crisp recipe? This single serve apple crisp is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. It is honestly so easy to make and so tasty. It is the perfect autumn breakfast or dessert!
Can I make this recipe with other fruit?
I’ve only tried this recipe with apples, but it should work well with really any other fruit! You could try peaches, nectarines or even berries!
What ingredients will I need for this single serve apple crisp?
This apple crisp requires only a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour (I use homemade, see below)
- pure maple syrup (or other sweetener, see below)
- coconut oil (or other neutral oil or vegan butter, melted)
A note about the oats….
If you need the recipe to be 100% gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten free oats like Bob’s Red Mill gluten free old fashioned rolled oats. Oats are naturally gluten free, but some oats may be cross-contaminated with gluten-containing grains if not purchased from a certified gluten free brand.
How do I make homemade oat flour?
To make homemade oat flour simply blend quick, old fashioned, or rolled oats in a high speed blender (or process them in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. If you want to see a video tutorial of how I make my own oat flour, you can view the video here!
What other sweeteners can I use?
You can really use whatever sweetener you prefer in this recipe. I used pure maple syrup but you could use raw honey, date syrup, coconut sugar, monk fruit, or vanilla protein powder. A liquid sweetener will help to make the crumble mixture more moist (which is a good thing), but if you prefer to use a granulated sweetener, that will work too.
What should I serve this with?
This single serve apple crisp pairs well with dairy free vanilla yogurt (I love Forager Project), dairy free whipped topping (I use homemade coconut whipped cream), or dairy free vanilla ice cream (I use homemade vanilla bean ice cream).
Looking for more single serve fall recipes?
If you’re looking for more single serve fall themed recipes, try my single serve pumpkin pancakes or my single serve pumpkin cookies!
Ready to make this? Here’s the recipe!
Single Serve Apple Crisp
For the Apple Filling
- 1 apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp water
For the Crumble
- 1/4 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or more oats if you prefer)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or other neutral oil or vegan butter, melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a small ramekin with cooking spray.
- While the oven preheats, assemble the apple crisp: dice a medium sized apple (you should have about 1 cup diced apple. Add the diced apple, cinnamon and water to a small dish and mix. Once mixed, add the apple mixture to the bottom of the greased ramekin.
- In a separate dish, mix together the crumble ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle the crumble on top of the apple mixture (make sure to fully cover the apple mixture).
- Place the apple crisp in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the crumble is slightly hardened.
- Remove the crisp from the oven after baking and let it cool on the stovetop. Once it cools, top with dairy free vanilla yogurt, whipped cream or dairy free vanilla ice cream. Dig in and enjoy!