Do you ever want a cookie but you don’t feel like making a whole batch? Yeah, me too. That’s why I love this single serve pumpkin cookie. It’s perfect to make when you’re craving a sweet treat, but you don’t need 2 dozen cookies in your house! This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, and can easily be made sugar free or high protein as well.
What ingredients do I need to make this single serve pumpkin cookie?
To make this single serve pumpkin cookie you’ll need just a couple simple ingredients! They are:
- oat flour
- pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger)
- baking powder
- coconut sugar (or monk fruit or vanilla protein powder)
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- milk of choice (regular or non-dairy)
- chocolate chips (optional, but recommended!)
What chocolate chips do you recommend?
- Dairy Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips, I would recommend Enjoy Life Foods dairy free chocolate chips. They have dark, semi-sweet, and white dairy free chocolate chips!
- Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free: If you’re looking for chocolate chips that are dairy free and refined sugar free, I would recommend Hu Kitchen dairy free chocolate chips (they’re sweetened only with dates!). If you want to try these chocolate chips, use my code bigleybasics for 15% off.
- Dairy Free & Sugar Free: If you’re looking for dairy free chocolate chips that are also sugar free, I would recommend Lily’s dark chocolate chips. They’re sweetened with stevia!
How do I make this single serve pumpkin cookie sugar free?
To keep this recipe sugar free, simply use a sugar free granulated sweetener in the place of the coconut sugar (like monk fruit). Or simply use vanilla protein powder instead (see below). If you want to add chocolate chips to the cookie, use a sugar free chocolate chip brand like Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips.
How do I make this single serve pumpkin cookie higher in protein?
To make this cookie higher in protein, simply replace the coconut sugar with 1 TBS vanilla protein powder. I recommend using Truvani plant based vanilla protein powder. It’s made with only 5 real ingredients and is so delicious!
Help, I don’t have oat flour!
No oat flour? No problem. You can easily make your own at home! To make homemade oat flour simply blend rolled/old fashioned oats in a high speed blender (or process in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached! You can check out a quick video of how I make homemade oat flour here.
Craving more pumpkin?
Check out more of my tasty pumpkin treats below!
- Single Serve Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Bagels
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donut Holes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- Hearty Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Maple Frosted Pumpkin Bread
- Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bites
Ready to make this single serve pumpkin cookie? The full recipe is below!
Single Serve Pumpkin Cookie
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or monk fruit or vanilla protein powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/8 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp water or milk of choice (I use dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper (or simply spray with cooking spray).
- While the oven preheats, combine all of your cookie ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add in the optional chocolate chips and stir again to combine.
- Place your cookie dough batter onto your prepared cookie sheet and smooth it out into a cookie shape. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes (I usually do about 18 minutes).
- Remove your cookie from the oven once baked and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional). Enjoy!