(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Anyone interested in some light and fluffy pumpkin pancakes? These are naturally gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free (plus, they’re sugar free and high protein friendly!). They are perfect topped with some pure maple syrup, melted dark chocolate, or warmed nut butter. I adore these single serve pumpkin pancakes!
Are the pancakes vegan?
I used a regular egg in this recipe, but you could try substituting a flax or chia egg in the place of a regular egg (or try an egg replacer mix like this one from Bob’s Red Mill). To make a flax or chia egg, simply mix together 1 TBS ground flaxseed or whole chia seeds with 2 1/2 TBS water and allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes, add it to the rest of your ingredients like you would a regular egg.
To make this recipe vegan, try using a flax or chia egg in the place of a regular egg. See instructions above for how to create a flax or chia egg.
If you need the recipe to be 100% gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten free oat flour. Oats are naturally gluten free, but some bags of oats/oat flour may be contaminated with gluten-containing grains if not certified gluten free.
You can use whatever granulated sweetener you prefer in this recipe. Some good options include coconut sugar or date sugar. If you want to keep the recipe sugar free, use a granulated sugar free sweetener like monk fruit.
To make the recipe higher in protein, omit the sweetener and use vanilla protein powder instead to sweeten your recipe. I used Organifi organic vegan vanilla protein powder in my recipe to boost the protein and lower the sugar. This protein powder is made with superfood ingredients and is sweetened with monk fruit. It’s keto, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and vegan friendly (plus, organic and non-gmo). And, it’s made with only real ingredients you will recognize and can pronounce! If you want to try it out, use my code RUTHANNE for 15% off.
What ingredients do I need for these single serve pumpkin pancakes?
To make these pancakes, you’ll need the ingredients listed below!
- pumpkin purée
- 1 egg (regular, flax or chia egg)
- pure vanilla extract
- non-dairy milk of choice
- oat flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt
- granulated sweetener or vanilla protein powder
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
Here’s the recipe!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBS non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 TBS granulated sweetener
- 1 TBS mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all of your ingredients to a small dish and whisk until smooth.
- Optional - stir in 1 TBS mini chocolate chips.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat and drizzle with coconut or olive oil (or spray with cooking spray).
- Drop your batter onto your greased skillet/griddle and cook pancakes for 2-4 minutes each side (depending on the size). Recipes makes 2 large pancakes or 5 small pancakes.
- Top pancakes with nut butter, maple syrup, or melted dark chocolate.