My mouth is salivating just thinking about this sweet and spicy party mix…. It’s not too sweet or too spicy, it’s just the right balance to keep you reaching for more! This party mix is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free (plus, sugar free friendly). Grab the recipe and recipe deets below!
How do I make this party mix sugar free?
I used pure maple syrup in this recipe but you could replace it with a sugar free maple syrup.
What ingredients do I need for this sweet and spicy party mix?
If you want to make this delicious party mix, here’s what you’ll need:
- gluten free pretzels (I like Savor by Suzie)
- gluten free puffed corn cereal (I like Arrowhead Mills)
- gluten free o’s (I like Lovebird)
- gluten and dairy free “cheese” puffs (I like LesserEvil)
- gluten free rice squares or puffed rice (I like Nature’s Path)
- salted cashews
- pure maple syrup
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- chili powder
Do I have to use cashews?
You can use whatever nut you prefer! If you don’t want to use cashews, feel free to use almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, or any other nut instead. If you want a variety of nuts, use 2 cups mixed nuts.
How can I make this recipe nut free?
If you want to make this recipe nut free, you can omit the nuts entirely. Feel free to replace them with another gluten free cereal or cracker.
What if I don’t like spicy snacks?
If you’re not a fan of spice, reduce the chili powder to 1/2 tsp (or you can omit it entirely). The chili powder isn’t too spicy, it just gives it a nice little kick.
How do I store this sweet and spicy party mix?
I store this sweet and spicy party mix in an airtight container in my party. It will last for several days.
Ready to make this sweet and spicy party mix? The full recipe is below!
Sweet and Spicy Party Mix
For the Party Mix
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 3 cups dairy free cheese puffs
- 2 cups rice squares
- 1 cup puffed corn cereal
- 1 cup gluten free o's
- 1 cup gluten free pretzels
For the Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or try soy sauce)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- While the oven preheats, mix together the party mix ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the seasoning. Once mixed, pour the seasoning over the party mix.
- Mix everything together (I use my hands) until the party mix is coated with seasoning.
- Divide the party mix evenly between two baking trays and spread it into a thin layer.
- Bake the party mix for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. I remove the trays from the oven, stir the mixture, and place them back in the oven, rotating the placement of the two trays each time.
- Once baked, let the party mix cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!