(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Who wants a bite of this sweet maple frosted pumpkin cake? It’s gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free! If you are in need of a last-minute Thanksgiving dessert, this is the perfect thing to make! It is made with just a couple simple ingredients and really takes no time at all.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes one 8×8 square cake. I typically cut the cake into 16 slices so I would say it serves 16!
What ingredients do I need for this pumpkin cake?
This pumpkin cake requires just a couple simple ingredients. They are:
- oat flour (I use homemade)
- almond flour
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut sugar
- flax or regular eggs
- pure vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- pumpkin purée
- dairy free cream cheese
- pure maple syrup
How do I make homemade oat flour?
To make homemade oat flour simply blend quick, old fashioned, or rolled oats in a high speed blender (or process them in a food processor). Blend/process until a flour consistency is reached. If you want to see a video tutorial of how I make my own oat flour, you can view the video here!
What kind of dairy free cream cheese do you use?
I used Kite Hill plain almond milk cream cheese in this recipe and it was delicious!
Can I use a different frosting?
If you prefer not to make your own frosting with dairy free cream cheese, feel free to use whatever frosting you prefer! Any maple or vanilla frosting pairs well with this cake.
How do I store this cake?
You’ll want to store this cake in the fridge. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?
Check out more of my homemade pumpkin recipes below!
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Bars
- Maple Frosted Pumpkin Bread
- Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bites
- Hearty Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Single Serve Pumpkin Cookie
- Single Serve Pumpkin Pancakes
Ready to make this pumpkin cake? The full recipe is below!
Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups oat flour (I use homemade)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax or regular eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin purée
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz plain cream cheese (I use dairy free)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a square 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- While the oven is preheating, whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, adding each one at a time.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are added, whisk the cake batter well until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once baked, let the pumpkin cake cool completely in the pan.
- While the cake cools, prepare the frosting: add the cream cheese to a dish and mix well with a whisk. Once smooth and creamy, add in the maple syrup and mix again until the frosting is smooth.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, frost it with icing and slice! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.