(This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate of Amazon and select brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.)
Vegan, gluten free, paleo, and keto/sugar free friendly peanut butter cheesecake brownies. Can you think of anything better? I don’t know if I can! If you’re a fan of cheesecake, brownies, or the peanut butter chocolate combination, these brownies were made for you. Give them a try the next time you’re craving something sweet!
How can I make these peanut butter cheesecake brownies sugar free and keto?
I used pure maple syrup in this recipe but you can substitute the pure maple syrup with a sugar free maple syrup to keep the recipe keto/sugar free.
What ingredients do I need for these brownies?
Ready to make these peanut butter cheesecake brownies? Here’s what you’ll need:
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- flax or regular eggs
- peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter if preferred)
- dairy free plain/unsweetened yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
What if I have an allergy to peanuts?
If you have a peanut allergy, feel free to use a different nut or seed butter in the place of the peanut butter. Some good options include cashew butter, almond butter, tahini, or sunbutter.
What dairy free yogurt did you use in this recipe?
I used Forager Project unsweetened cashew milk yogurt in this recipe. I love their dairy free yogurt! You can use whatever yogurt you prefer, just be sure it is unsweetened and use either plain or vanilla flavor.
How do I store these brownies?
You’ll want to store these peanut butter cheesecake brownies in a sealed container in the fridge. You can store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. For long term storage, store them in a sealed container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Looking for more brownie recipes?
If you’re looking for more brownies to make, check out some of these recipes!
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Frosted Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Creme de Menthe Brownies
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies
Ready to make these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies? Here’s the recipe!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
For the Brownie Layer
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1/2 cup dairy free unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a square 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- While the oven preheats, mix together the brownie ingredients in a large bowl until the batter is smooth.
- Once mixed, pour the brownie batter into the lined baking dish.
- Next, mix together the cheesecake ingredients in a separate bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Gently spread the cheesecake layer over the brownie layer.
- In a small dish, mix together the chocolate sauce. Once mixed, drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cheesecake layer and swirl it in with a butter knife.
- Bake the peanut butter cheesecake brownies for 40 minutes, until set.
- Once the brownies are baked, let them cool completely on the stovetop.
- Once cooled, chill the brownies in the fridge for several hours. Once chilled, slice the brownies and serve.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for long term storage.